I’m keeping myself accountable this year by tracking my progress on my 40 Goals for 2017 every week. Wow, it’s been a month since last time!
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item through my affiliate link, I receive a small percentage as compensation, that we then use to help reach our financial goals. Please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting our family!
- Max Roth IRAs for the mister and I: $11000. The Mister has all he needs for this year’s Roth savings and I have $4500. So close!
Cash flow 4 months of swim lessons at Aquatots for our son and older daughter: $1200.Each child went up one level in their skills, so it was a success. We cash-flowed this one. Boom! Save $3000 for HVAC replacement.This will be sitting in savings until next year, but we are also at 100% for this as well. Done! Save $4000 towards the mister’s car replacement fund.Done! Save$ 1050 650 for Christmas. I have completed Christmas shopping for my kids . Goal met!
6. Save ? for outdoor play set.
Save $750 towards next year’s 2018 family vacation and $ 750 towards my 2018 40th birthday trip ($125/month). We have that vacation money but my 40th trip is going to be much cheaper than planned. I have enough airline miles to get a free plane ticket,we are staying somewhere for free, and I will just need spending money,which is squirreled away already. Done!
8. Spend $600/mo or less on groceries and $100/mo or less on my fun money. We were on target for November and are doing fine in December.
Finally roll over one of my 401Ks. Done!
Give: 5 hours of volunteer time and $50/mo. November had about 16 volunteer hours and December has had 5. Nailed it!
Complete my master’s degree!I graduated! Done!
- Date night with the husband once per month. November was a fail but we did have a date night last night. We hit this about 50-75% of the year.
Read 1 book per month–I started reading Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book 2: The Hammer of Thor in September and am still not done. I completed A Parent’s Guide to High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder This makes 19 going on 20 read out of 12. Goal met! Monthly me-time with friends.I hit this in November and saw a show with a friend last weekend. Done!
- Complete one freelance submission. Nothing this month.
- Finish the afghan languishing in the closet. Yikes, still languishing!
- Learn how to set up my sewing machine and complete one simple project. One of these days….
- Conquer iced cookies and icing a cake. Down to the wire- going to try cookies this week.
- Drink 64 ounces water daily. I hit this about 70% of the time.
Survive my practicum without eating fast food. We are calling this a 50% success.
Visit family in Cleveland.We visited my in-laws in July and were thoroughly spoiled as usual. Done! Weekly 1:1 time with each child.Lots of reading at bedtime. Sell my son’s old clothes.I didn’t sell the clothes and coats. Instead I donated them to a local family of 9 kids who just lost their mother. Complete kitchen counter clear-off to prepare for a fish tank. Done! Clear out our study corner hot spot.I hit this hard and totally redid my office using the organization suggested in Organizing Solutions For People with ADHD. The corner is cleared out and the bookshelf is more usable, especially since I sold most of my nursing texts to Amazon. I went through and tossed, shredded, or filed most papers, used colored files for easy visual recognition, pared those files down to only about 10, and cleared out my desk. Done! Get the toddler potty trained!Success!
- Hang pictures in front hallway. Nope. We were sick for several weeks but I hope to work on this over break.
Plant front yard tree.We learned that if we let the old roots decompose for another year, it will be easier to plant the new tree in the same spot next year and require a smaller hole. Bonus: it will save us money this year. We filled in the area and planted a little grass instead. Deferred! New goal: weeding and mulching flower beds, improving the plantings in the beds, replacing all outdoor lights (several are broken), and fixingand replacing the mailbox. New mailbox is probably not happening until spring. Paint half bath.My friend Diane donated extra paint and helped paint. The mister replaced the pedestal sink with a roomy vanity, faucet, and light,. It looks bigger and brighter and I now have storage!
Visit 6 different parks.Goal met: Six of six completed.
- Complete Etsy Essentials and Brilliant Pins courses. Nope
- Start posting regularly on my Best Geeky Baby Names site. Nope. Trying to decide if I still want to do this.
Purchase the virtual real estate for the other four sites I want to create.I hit a 25% off sale this summer. Done!
- Incorporate as an LLC. This month? Good news- I decided on a name and it’s available.
- Explore affiliates for my sites. I signed up for Share a Sale but need to look at which ones to work with.
Double my daily traffic for Frugal Stepping Stones.I have actually been hitting this regularly.
- Start a monthly newsletter. Coming soon?
- Expand my Emergency Menu Plans by one new plan each month this year. Calling this a fail.
- Do one guest post. Fail.
- Interview one person for the blog. Fail.
How are your goals going?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.