- One of my post-graduate degree goals is to pass the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) exam. I want to sit for it this fall, before all my knowledge has spilled out from between my ears, so I needed a review book to study. The books are all around $100, so I opted to rent a textbook from Amazon for 3 months at the lower cost of $30.
- I sold three of my four remaining textbooks through Amazon’s Trade-In program for about $70.
- I had two shifts scheduled this week, but picked up an extra day and worked extended hours the first two days. My goal is to hit about 24-28 hours per week.
- I got free BBQ sauce and free chocolate covered pretzels from Kroger this week.
- We haven’t been getting many groceries this month, thanks to a bit of a pantry challenge. I am already under budget by about $100, with plans to only get a shipment from Green Bean next week of $70 in food.
- I plotted a post-graduate-school budget to account for increased working hours and income, decreased childcare costs (thanks to only one of our three needing it), and no more pesky tuition payments. I plan on setting up an automatic transfer to coincide with my paychecks to cover all of our savings goals (Roths, vacation, new car, Christmas, gifts, summer camp).
- We had plans to use our Discovery Garden pass, but it was storming, so we met friends at an indoor play area/bounce place. It was $24 for 3 kids. We’ve only been to places like that for birthday parties,and now I know why! The kids played for 2.5 hours and were dead tired when we were done.
- We followed up that play date with a trip to Wendy’s. Our entertainment budget is out of control this month, and we have two weeks to go, including a short trip.