- I worked two days plus picked up extra hours Thursday night, Saturday, and Sunday.
- One of our summer bucket list items was taking the two older kids to see Despicable Me 3 (which was super funny). We went to a matinee for the cheapest tickets, and I ordered them online so I could use the couple of bucks of Paypal credit I had.
- We tried a new and fantastic park, hung out with neighborhood friends, hit the pool, and attended a Girl Scout bonfire this week. We brought homemade Rice Krispy Treats to the bonfire.
- Our 6 year old’s kindergarten teacher invited all of her students from this past year to meet at a local ice cream shop a few days this summer. We went on Monday and bought $1 kiddie sized cones for three of us and a couple of cherry Slushies.
- We watched the movie Logan through Vudu for free thanks to some Vudu credits I earned through work.
- I turned in my final graduate portfolio!! This means a lot of time is opening up,and I did budget recalculation. I calculated that if I pick up 28 hours per week, I will easily hit all of our savings goals plus the extras. I want a family vacation fund (never had one, never gone farther than the grandparents’ in Cleveland) and a personal vacation fund for me to hit some of my travel bucket list goals with just my sister or friends. This makes me a lot more motivated to pick up work. I also know how much I will have to pull from teaching/blogging and from The Mister’s savings to get our mortgage paid off in 5 years.
- Kroger had a $10 off your Clicklist order, plus several items for free if you made a Clicklist order. I cancelled our Green Bean Delivery for the week to clean out the fridge and made my first Clicklist order. With the coupon and freebies, it was only $86.57! We got a free family sized Honey Nut Cheerios, Nature Valley Granola Bars, and when they brought the food out they said we were also getting a free pack of Twizzlers. I have to go back this week and get the $1 peanut butter and some strawberries, but otherwise this is a cheap week. It went really smoothly, and they loaded my van with 3 kids in the car. I will definitely take advantage of this in the future if my husband travels for work. Taking three kids to a store is not my favorite.
- Even though I squeezed about 7 hours of work in this past weekend, we decided this will be a celebration weekend for us, now that I am 100% with my grad schoolwork. I instituted “no cook” weekend, and we had pizza from one of my favorite places Saturday night after seeing Despicable Me, and we went out last night to Red Robin, a park, and an ice cream place. This was way out of our norm, and we enjoyed it, but it was certainly more spendy than usual!