I’m keeping myself accountable this year by tracking my progress on my 40 Goals for 2017 every week.
This post may contain referral/affiliate links.
- Max Roth IRAs for the mister and I: $11000. I have $250 in my fund. The mister still hasn’t closed out his month yet.
- Cash flow 4 months of swim lessons at Aquatots for our son and older daughter: $1200. This will start in late May. I will be working more then and should be able to easily cash flow this.
- Save $3000 for HVAC replacement. Not yet.
- Save $4000 towards the mister’s car replacement fund. Not yet. Waiting to see the fallout from the ceiling repair.
- Save $1050 for Christmas. I transferred $88 to my savings fund.
Save $1800 for outdoor playset. We’re talking about moving to make sure we have space in case family needs to move in with us. We’re shelving this completely.
- Save $750 towards next year’s 2018 family vacation and $ 750 towards my 2018 40th birthday trip ($125/month). We have $113 from last year’s garage sale earnings that I put towards our vacation fund.
- Spend $500/mo or less on groceries and $100/mo or less on entertainment. I spent $123.26 for groceries out of my $500/month budget this week. I will get a $1.50 Ibotta rebate and $1 from Checkout 51 that will get tucked away and eventually added to my Roth IRA fund. As far as entertainment, I spent nothing on activities this week, but I did spend $15 for a $30 Arcade day pass for my son’s birthday in three months, $10 for a $20 vegetarian restaurant group deal, and $8 for a special buy one child ticket get a free adult ticket to the new Beauty and the Beast movie. That’s $33 for February entertainment so far, even though they will be used in March, April, and May.
- Finally roll over one of my 401Ks. Not this week!
5 hours of volunteer time and $50/mo. I maxed my January volunteer time with two Girl Scout meetings and one field trip to the police station. I also helped my neighbor with babysitting twice this week. I volunteered 5+ hours and donated $74.
- Complete my master’s degree! I had three pieces of homework that I completed on time, plus I worked 21.5 of my practicum hours. Last week was not typical, and my usual number of hours will be more around 16 hours per week for the first 6 weeks. This does not include preparation time, so it was a rough week between practicum, the 16 hours I worked at my part-time job, the kids, and my homework.
One date per month with the mister.Impromptu Chik-Fil-A date for January. Check! We have plans fora date in mid-February. I have a Groupon for this movie/fine dining place that we will use. Read 1 book/month.I did it! I read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in January. I may have time for some more reading this Sunday to get a jump on February. Monthly me-time with friends.I met my two fellow Girl Scout troop leaders at a local place for drinks to plan some meetings and kvetch. I saw A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder and lunched with a friend beforehand. My sister and I saw a show on Saturday and ate donuts in the park across the street beforehand. Monthly January outing with friends: check! I’m seeing Something Rotten at the end of February, so there is something lined up.
- Complete one freelance submission. Nothing this week.
- Finish the afghan languishing in the closet. This is going to be languishing until April.
- Learn how to set up my sewing machine and complete one simple project. It’s still in its container. My Aunt Judy gave me scrap fabric to practice with for Christmas. No time this week.
- Conquer iced cookies and icing a cake. I made Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes in January and we are hosting a combined birthday party for the girls in two weeks. I am going to stretch my icing skills by making an Octonauts cake.
- Drink 64 ounces water daily. I have hit it 4 out of 7 days this week. I need to do better on days I am in clinical.
- Survive my practicum without eating fast food. I made it through last week without eating trash! This week, I bought frozen pizza and we will have it ready for when I get home.
- Visit family in Cleveland. Sometime this summer.
- Weekly 1:1 time with each child. The girls and I did art several times. My son coached me on defeating Candy Crush. Our kindergartener and I played Sports Rivals on the Xbox One S with Kinect.
- Sell my son’s old clothes. These are hiding in the closet.
- Complete kitchen counter clear-off to prepare for a fish tank. We plan on making the girls’ combined birthday present a fish tank. We need to finish this weekend because that birthday party is coming up!
- Clear out our study corner hot spot. The clearing off I did is still intact and looking good.
- Get the toddler potty trained! We are using a free printable reward chart. Our youngest has been keeping dry pretty often during the day but still has daily accidents.
- Hang pictures in front hallway. Nope. They are now neatly stacked and ready to go though.
- Plant front yard tree. It’s still winter.
- Paint half bath. Not yet.
- Visit 6 different parks. Too cold!
- Complete Etsy Essentials and Brilliant Pins courses. Not yet. School has the priority this week again.
- Start posting regularly on my Best Geeky Baby Names site. Woefully behind again.
- Purchase the virtual real estate for the other four sites I want to create. Not yet. Waiting for a sale.
- Incorporate as an LLC. I am putting this off until after my practicum.
- Explore affiliates for my sites. I signed up for Share a Sale but need to look at which ones to work with.
- Double my daily traffic for Frugal Stepping Stones. I’ve hit it maybe one day this week.
- Start a monthly newsletter. Not yet.
- Expand my Emergency Menu Plans by one new plan each month this year. These are my most popular posts by far! I have the ideas for four more menus. This is on my agenda but no time last week with my bust practicum hours.
- Do one guest post. Not yet, but I have a few ideas where to reach out.
- Interview one person for the blog. I have someone who is interested in being interviewed.
How are your goals going?