Skip to content
- I watched Northanger Abbey on the PBS Roku app.
- I brought my lunches to my clinical days Thursday and Friday.
- I signed up to get a coupon for a free quinoa and rice from Seeds of Change.
- I used my coupon for a free Gillette razor and scored free Almay makeup at CVS.
- Our Daisy girl scouts are being given a tour of the local police station today, and I baked the officers cookies from scratch.
- The mister and I are using a free Vudu code to rent a movie for an in-home date night tonight.
- I worked the equivalent of two days this week.
- I have autoimmune issues, and it can come with a lot of fatigue. On Thursday/Friday I spent 11 hours helping to run an OB simulation for 8 groups of nursing students, 4 hours commuting back and forth to another city, and 4 hours shadowing for the late evening class I will be teaching on Thursday nights. Last night I hit a wall on the hour drive home. We ordered pizza for dinner and have decided we are having pizza Fridays until I am done with these crazy practicum hours.
- I baked brownies from scratch for about $0.30. This has been my go-to recipe for years because it is dairy-free.
- I had to drive to a city an hour away to meet with my preceptors for my graduate school practicum. My mom babysat. They gave me two textbooks to use, so I won’t have to buy them, and I learned if I contact the security office each day I go, I won’t have to buy a parking pass. They will treat me as a visitor instead.
- I worked two days this week.
- CVS sent me an email with a random $3 Extra Care Bucks.
- One of my preceptors gave me her old textbook to use for my population health class, and I picked it up this week. When I picked it up, I learned I won’t have to pay for parking.
- I watched Sherlock via the PBS Roku app.
- I printed out free coloring pages for our Daisy troop using a free printable I found online (you can see my Free Printables Board on my Pinterest page). The paper I used is from 2009, when I was able to get two cases of copy paper for free using a Staples Rewards deal. Yep, we are still not done with that free paper 8 years later.
- I got a flat tire on the minivan on Thursday night. The van is three years old and we learned the tires on the Toyota Sienna we have are known for poor quality. After looking at the other ones, my husband determined they needed to be replaced too. How annoying! We have an appointment on Monday for the new tires, and they will be $1000. D’oh!
- That drive to a city an hour away cost a bit in gas. It will be about 6-7 weeks of doing this drive, so my fuel costs are going to increase. Thankfully this is only short-term.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting our family!