This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase an item through my affiliate link, I receive a small percentage as compensation, that we then use to help reach our financial goals. Please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting our family!
We have almost nothing left on our Christmas gift list this year, but there are a couple of deals I am taking advantage of this year.
My short list:
- Flowers for my best friend. Every year I sent flowers to my best friend for Christmas, and Ebates has a fantastic rebate of 50% if you ship through Florists.com. If you haven’t tried Ebates yet, if you sign up and make your first purchase through them now, you will get a bonus $10 cash back. I send flowers a few times per year and I always go through Ebates.
- A photo calendar for my in-laws. I make them a custom photo calendar of the grandkids using whatever discount code I can find this time of year. I used CVS this year and got 50% off plus 8% cash back through Ebates. It was about $5 out of pocket and I can pick it up at my local store.
- Holiday cards. If you keep an eye out at Groupon you can sometimes snag a great Staples deal, getting $5-10 for 100 cards. I want to get mine done early this year though, so I opted for CVS on Thanksgiving and got them for $30 after coupon code and Ebates. They were ready same day. My friend Angie used the code CYBERPIC at Walgreens to get 60 photo cards for $17 today. Combine with cashback from Ebates or Swagbucks and increase your savings.
- A family ornament. I went through Swagbucks to get 1000 Swagbucks back ($10) and bought a personalized family ornament from personalcreations.com. Swagbucks is how I get Hulu for free all year round. You can read how I earn $25-50/month in gift cards through Swagbucks here.
- I bought a few of my favorite stocking stuffers, a few of which are on sale at Amazon today. I read about Poo-Pourri on a blog last year and had to try it. Let’s just say if you live with IBS or inflammatory bowel disease, this is a great product for you. You can go to work, visit friends, travel, and go shopping without worrying about ,um, outing your special problem. A few spritzes in the bowl before you go and leave the bathroom smelling like a garden. I have a spray bottle in every bathroom and I like to give small bottles as stocking stuffers.
Eye Buy Direct:
Buy one get one free glasses from EyeBuyDirect.com plus free shipping using code BOGO. Go through Ebates and get an extra 10% cash back.
If you buy fair trade coffee through Equal Exchange, buy one bulk bag and get a 2nd 50% off using code COFFEE17
Amazon has discounted loads of Kindle books to $4.99 or less today only. You can get Game of Thrones for $1.99, Hillbilly Elegy for $4.99, Demelza (the 2nd book in the Poldark series)for $1.99, Newberry award-winning children’s book The Girl Who Drank the Moon for $1.99, and blogger Jen Hatmaker‘s memoir Of Mess and Moxie for $3.99.
Looking for a Vitamix? Those things are usually uber-expensive (original price $549.99!). Get one today for $298.95. That’s 46% off.
Instant Pot DUO Plus 6 Qt 9-in-1 : Yep, still on sale. It was $119.95, now $74.95. I use my Instant Pot to make a roast in an hour, make perfect hard boiled eggs in a few minutes, make homemade yogurt in bulk, mashed potatoes without boiling, rice and beans from dried without soaking (seriously, only 20-30 minutes!), cheesecake, even forgot to thaw my meat for dinner and cooked dinner without defrosting in 20 minutes!
My immediate family did Ancestry DNA testing last year and found it fascinating. I had no idea you could buy the test kits on Amazon, but apparently you can! They are $54.99 instead of the regular price of $99 just for today. (If you were wondering, you spit into a container and send it in the mail, then they email your results in a few weeks.)
I have used Bluehost as my site’s host for over two years. I’ve never had a problem that wasn’t easily resolved quickly. If you are thinking of earning a little extra on the side like I do through your own website, I highly recommend Bluehost for beginners. Today you can get a fantastic price for hosting at only $2.65 month! Usually they are around $4.95/month.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.