- I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and I often don’t have a lot of energy to do major physical tasks around the house. I decided I would try and paint our half bath however, a task I have never done myself. My husband removed the sink and the toilet and I was ready to get down to it with the help of my friend Diane. She ended up getting a nasty bug, but I still went through with it. I was able o prime it by myself, and she is going to come in a week or so to help with the rest of the painting. I didn’t get it all done in a day, and I spent a few days on the couch afterwards, but I did it!
- I planted bulbs (again- by myself!).
- One of our kids has some special needs, and I spent a lot of time this week meeting with a school advocate and doing prep work for our IEP meeting. My mother babysat for us while I was doing this.
- I worked 6 hours today while my husband was home so we could avoid child care costs. The joys of telecommuting!
- My kids were invited to a birthday party yesterday, which was held at a local karate studio. They had a blast going through a ninja obstacle course and going through a basic karate lesson. That activity lasted about 90 minutes, and let’s just say they were so worn out they were incredibly well behaved for the rest of the day!
- I got a free chai tea latte and free Trident gum at Kroger. Today I also downloaded a coupon for free spaghetti, meatballs, and sauce if I use Clicklist.
- I read Better Homes and Gardens and Country Living, which I have through a free subscription.
- I downloaded my free Kindle First book for September yesterday and the October book today. If you have Amazon Prime, a benefit of Prime is a free Kindle book every month, from a selection of 4-6 in various genres.
- We got pizza for dinner one night.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.