- I worked 35 hours last week! My arthritis pain has been bothering me and I am waking up at 4-5 am every morning. I can’t get back to sleep so I figure I might as well make some lemonade out of the lemons and I log on and work on our team’s backlog.
- We are redoing our downstairs half bath and my friend Diane donated most of a can of blue paint left over from painting her twins’ room. She also came down while her girls were in school and helped me paint! Thank you Diane!
- In removing the bathroom sink, my husband noticed the water valves were poorly installed and needed to be replaced. He did all the work himself, including a little welding. He also noticed our washing machine hot water hose was nearly ready to fail and he changed those hoses himself. We are replacing our pedestal sink with a vanity that has storage, replacing the mirror, and the light fixture. He’ll be using his Mr Fixit skills to do those too.
- I got a free bag of M & Ms from Kroger.
- We learned our child will receive one of their therapies in the school setting, saving us another weekly trip in the car and a weekly copay.
- I formed a parent group this year for parents of children with both gifted needs and special needs and we met for free in a meeting space at the public library.
- My coworker is a social worker who used to work for a local fostering agency. They have a transition program for older teens aging out of the system and every year for the past 6 years we have shopped to find coats for them and their children, if they have any. We had a single generous donor this year but needed to find a good price to stay within a budget. I was able to get them for about 49% off by combining sales, coupon codes,and cashback from Ebates.
- My sister was over watching the kid and puled out a pack of hot dogs to feed them. They were expired! I was so bummed, because they were pricey Applegate Farms dogs.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.