- I used fuel points to get 40 cents off per gallon at Kroger Fuel Center. I paid $1.19/gallon and filled my van’s tank for $16. It’s been a month since I last filled it!
- I made cornbread for Pioneer Day at my son’s school. I tripled the batch of this Jiffy copycat recipe to make 32 muffins for $0.90.
- The kids were encouraged to dress up as pioneers for Pioneer Day, and we sent our son to school in jeans, a red flannel, and cowboy boots, all of which we already owned.
- We used our Papa John’s coupon deal to get pizza one night. It’s been a long time since we had that brand, and we weren’t very happy with it, but it was already paid for, so it was livable.
- We watched Jessica Jones on Netflix for some adult TV time after the kids were in bed.
- We came home with two days worth of leftovers after Thanksgiving.
- I see White Christmas today as part of my Broadway series subscription that I paid for by selling old baby things.
- My husband complained about how cold the house is, so we kicked up the heat a little bit more. It’s still sitting at 68-70, which is 5-7 below where it was originally.
- I used my Staples Groupon deal to make our Christmas photo cards. I spent $30 total for 80 cards and $40 for stamps. $70 is not bad for fancy photo cards to be sent. That is 87.5 cents to send each card.
- I used a Shutterfly code to make a photo calendar for my in-laws for the price of shipping and tax only.
- I usually buy my in-laws and my best friend flowers for Christmas. I went through Ebates to get 12% cash back, used my Discover for 1% cash back, bought sale arrangements and a 20% off coupon code to get about $50 off the total price.
- Amazon was giving away a selection of movies, apps, music, and books the day before Thanksgiving for free. I downloaded free copies of the movies Divergent, Just Eat It, and Unity, and the song “All About That Bass”.
- I used sales, a coupon code, and Ebates to get about 45% off new sheets from Land’s End. I’ve been waiting for a good deal for about 6 months. They are guaranteed for life, and can be returned for new ones if they get holes, etc. We bought sheets at BBB 2 years ago, and they developed holes, while our flannel sheets we got for our wedding almost 10 years ago are still going strong. I also got a few clearance shirts for the kids for next year.
- We bought an iPad as a therapy tool for one of the kids. We ordered online from Target on Thanksgiving to get a $150 gift card back.
- My husband has been waiting for a certain external hard drive to reach $105 or less. It went on sale on Amazon on Thanksgiving, and we scooped it up for $100. A bonus to that was a free $30 8 x 8 photo book from Shutterfly.
- It’s within my monthly fun money, but I bought a season of Big Bang Theory to binge-watch on Amazon.
- I threw out some old bananas.
- I bought Chick-Fil-A Tuesday for lunch with the kids. Still within my monthly spending!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.