This post contains referral links that help support Frugal Stepping Stones.
- I got a $2.50 Ibotta rebate for last week’s groceries, and $1 for this week’s groceries.
- I met my friend and her husband to talk about rolling my three old 401Ks into a new fund, and he paid for lunch at Tom+ Chee. Thanks Brian! I highly recommend the Pep + Chee.
- When I saw White Christmas last Saturday, I opted to walk from several blocks away to park in the garage for $5 for the entire day. Valet parking is $15. I also did not stop for dinner out on the way home, but came home and made sandwiches for all of us.
- I used my husband’s car when I drove an hour south to see my show, to save on gas. My van guzzles so much more.
- It’s not a lot saved, but I bought stamps at the post office for our Christmas cards instead of having them shipped to save $1.30 extra in shipping.
- I picked up two and a half shifts this week. I am working 4 hours this morning to save on the cost of babysitting.
- I watched The Pilgrims and Jamestown’s Dark Winter through the PBS Roku app, plus part of the last season of the Sopranos on Amazon Prime.
- I took a survey to earn 50 extra Kroger Fuel Points.
- I read the latest issues of Yoga Journal, Vegetarian Times, OK, Shape, Backpacker, Oxygen, and Weight Watchers free through the Ohio Digital Library. I walk an hour using our treadmill desk every day, and read magazines while I walk. My son also read three different Lego Ninjago books, and we read several children’s Christmas books with the younger girls.
- My son has spent several hours this week working through different Hour of Code games for free via Code.org.
- I ordered a dress on Land’s End and thought it looked like a shapeless potato sack, so I returned it for credit.
- I cut my son’s hair using our Wahl Color Pro Complete Clipper Kit. (I bought mine at 50% off in May). It paid for itself within 2 haircuts, so every time I use it now, it’s a “free” haircut.
- We bought a Google Play video of Dr Who for $1.99.
- My preschooler has had good behavior, and I rewarded her with a lunch trip to Wendy’s. I made a $1 donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society while we were there. Cost: $8.75.
- I was going to cook last night but I was felled by a puking migraine most of the day. My husband ordered Domino’s. I can’t blame him. The good news is that they are running a deal where every pizza is 50% off as long as you order it online. This is good through 12/6/15.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.