This post contains affiliate links.
- My aunt sent us home from the family Christmas party with a giant bowl of pasta salad. Another aunt gave us a $25 gift card to the Olive Garden, and yet another gave us a lotion from Bath and Body Works. I saved the gift bags to use again.
- I found a wreath in our storage to hang on our front door. I forgot we had one! That saved the expense of buying a wreath or the time of making one.
- I worked two hours on last Saturday morning to save the cost of babysitting. I am scheduled for no more shifts until the 28th. This is one of the perks of being float pool!
- We did not take the kids to see Santa (due to lack of time), but my uncle dressed up as Santa at the Christmas party, and we got our Santa pics after all, free of charge!
- I won a $25 gift card in a Facebook contest to local restaurant Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers. This will make a free date night.
- We used the last of my Vudu gift card to watch Jurassic World for free when my sister was here.
- My sister was in town the 23rd from New York, and we ordered Indian takeaway.
- I went to Target for diapers and stocking stuffers, and the red eye of Sauron got me. I bought two matching dresses for my daughters, plus the stocking stuffers, and tons of crap food for the holiday week. Those “stocking stuffers” were about $105 more in Christmas gifts .
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.