- I got a gift from work for Christmas. Inside an envelope with no card was a pair of green boot socks. I wear tall boots, so they work great for me, though it was funny to get a pair of random socks in the mail.
- Our only eating out this week was planned. We had a wonderful, yet pricey at $60 per plate, New Year’s Eve dinner with friends at one of our favorite foodie joints. We are still doing “Christmas” and today is my dad’s turn, so we are having dinner at Bob Evans. We are seeing Star Wars with our son, and I have a Fandango gift card that will take care of one ticket.
- My mother-in-law sent us home last week with fruit, chocolate milk, and the last of the whole milk.
- I used my YMCA membership twice, one of those times to try a new kettlebell class.
- I got $5 in ExtraCare Bucks from CVS for filling our 10th prescription there.
- Our friends’ sitter had to bail on New Year’s, so our teenage sitters agreed to watch their kids at our house too. Our Tombstone Pizzas fed everyone, the kids drank juice boxes sent home from my in-laws, and it worked out great. No extra food expense!
- We bought the Dr Who Christmas Special for $1.99.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.