- I paid cash for my dental implant. I was excited to learn my insurance would pay 60%, so instead of paying $2500, I only paid $1068. I thought my out of pocket would be $2000, so this was welcome news.
- I used my YMCA membership 1 time this week. I used the free childwatch that time.
- I have been using a custom mouth guard for the past 4 years to keep me from grinding my teeth at night. Without it, I have almost daily migraines and cause damage to my teeth, even needing a root canal once when I broke my own tooth. Since my new crown was fitted, it doesn’t fit right, but I didn’t want to spend $600 on another custom guard. I used a $5 off coupon and $7 in ExtraCare Bucks at CVS to get an over the counter one for $22 out of pocket. I have to wait until my implant site heals before I can try it though. Crossing fingers!
- I paid cash for my grad school tuition. This was $3881. I used an electronic check instead of a credit card, and it saved me $95 in fees.
- My sister checked our names in Missingmoney.com and found I have unclaimed funds- my last paycheck when I worked at Kmart when I was 17. It was $91. I had to scramble through old letters to find one that had been posted to me at that old home address in 1997 (thank goodness my first years of college were before internet and email!), plus provide other documentation, since I have since been married. Hopefully I will hear back in a couple months and finally get my last paycheck. As an aside, I was working about 25 hours a week when I earned that, and only $4.35 per hour. Thank goodness times have changed and I went to school!
- When I was home sleeping off my oral surgery, I watched “Autism In Love” on PBS (thumbs up) and Divergent on Amazon (it’s OK). Divergent had been offered for free around Thanksgiving.
- The night after my implant surgery, I still couldn’t chew, and had only had smoothies all day. My husband went to Panera to get me some soup. We still fed the kids nuggets and tots I had stocked up on from the freezer though. I am noting for this summer when I get 4 wisdom teeth removed that I will have to prep soups and freezer meals for the kids ahead of time. Just one surgery site has had me down for the count the past 4 days with additional jaw pain and migraines triggered from the oral surgery.
- My husband took our daughter to dance this week, and stopped and got her a $2 ice cream cone afterwards.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.