This post contains referral and affiliate links.
- I used weight routines from YouTube channel GymRa several times this week.
- I used another YouTube video from the CupcakeJemma channel to learn how to pipe fancy icing on top of cupcakes.
- I read a half dozen magazines for free on the Ohio Digital Library.
- I picked up one and a half work shifts this week. So far, none are available for next week :(.
- I picked up every extra free Kroger download this week. (If you missed it, they still have one every Friday).
- I’ve plotted out the birthday party food and decided to make large pans of homemade mac’n cheese as a main dish. This will only cost a few dollars each.
- We made an art project from Pinterest using stuff we already had (the tissue paper was salvaged from tissue paper inserts in gift bags), played in the snow, and had dance parties streaming free music from Pandora.
- It was time to refill the toddler’s Epi-Pen Jr for her food allergy. I printed out a free copay card from the manufacturer so that is cost us nothing out of pocket. Her well child visit was nothing out of pocket as well, since it was a preventive care visit.
- I earned $1 from 2020 Research thanks to a referral. (By the way, if you are interested, you can sign up here to participate in online research studies that take an hour or two of time over a couple days, and pay very well. Most of my studies have earned me $75-125.)
- I signed up to do a potential online market research study for Travel Alaska that would pay $100. I hope I get it!
- My son had a scout meeting right after robotics practice Tuesday and my husband took him to Subway for dinner. He chose an oatmeal raisin cookie but didn’t like it, saying it wasn’t as good as Mommy’s. He is used to scratch cooking.
- I stopped for hot vegetable soup at Frisch’s between a doctor’s appointment and rushing home to work. I wish I could reproduce that recipe! It’s my favorite.
- My son got to go out to a trampoline place and have pizza for lunch with a friend. He used some of his own money and I gave him a little bit from my monthly fun money. Ten days left in the month and I haven’t breached that limit. My next planned outing is on the 30th when I am taking my daughter to the children’s theater (from our paid for subscription), and I will pay $5 for parking and dinner at Chick Fil-A.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.