- My in-laws bought us a ton of groceries, including a 12 pack of pricey Pediasure last weekend.
- I worked one shift.
- My friend Bridget, who makes custom cakes, asked what my girls wanted for their birthday. I asked everyone who was not family to not bring a gift (I would ask family, but they won’t listen), and she decided to do something frugal instead. She made these frugal homemade Easy Bake Oven mixes, plus used some leftover fleece to make a blankie for each girl. Awesome huh?
4. We had a movie night in last night, and we made homemade cinnamon rolls for frugal treats.
5. I got a free chocolate bar from Kroger.
6. My daughter and I are seeing a show from the family series subscription I bought last year by selling things on Ebay.
7. The bad news: my husband was so sick from the awful bug that he missed work all week. The good news: this meant we saved a week’s worth of work lunches out.
8. After much wrangling and much pain in the you-know-what, my work finally approved reimbursement me for their half of my December internet bill: $53.
9. I heard of two more potential work shifts for next week and scooped them up.
10. I got this ePantry deal from Money Saving Mom for Mrs Meyers products (my favorite!). Eleven products for $21.65 shipped. I should be set for a year.
11. I went to a different local library and they had a great selection of new DVD titles. I got Minions, Mad Max Fury Road, and the first season of Outlander for nothing. Our son was at a sleepover last night, so we set the girls up in a “clubhouse” in their room to watch a movie on the Kindle while we watched Mad Max Fury Road. * rare adult movie time*
- We had a horrible stomach bug and I had to cancel one planned work shift on Monday. This was a huge bummer because there weren’t many shifts the past 2 months as it is.
- We ordered pizza last Saturday night to feed the kids and the in-laws because that was when the virus was just starting to hit Mr Thrifty and I. It was only $14, because we did not eat any.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.