This post contains referral/affiliate links.
- I took the kids to our remodeled library this week and discovered they had a full sized playhouse, huge wooden dollhouse, puzzles, toddler books, and dolls to play with. We spent an hour or more there before choosing some books and movies and going home.
- I traded some Swagbucks to get a $5 Amazon gift card.
- I used a $10 Amazon gift card and online coupon to buy a box of 112 Huggies diapers for a friend’s new baby for $8 out of pocket.
- I went through Ebates to get 12% cash back and 15% off at Proflowers to send flowers to a friend. (You can see how I can cash back by going through Ebates here.)
- I bought 4 pounds of butter at Aldi for $2/pound, and opted for skim milk too because it was $0.99/gallon.
- I signed up to host a garage sale during our neighborhood’s yearly garage sale on April 30th. Signing up will force me to get my behind in gear and do it.
- Mr Thrifty and I had Burger King after an appointment Thursday.
- We learned that because we took our Ford Escape to an unreliable mechanic 18 months ago, the brake job that was done had to be redone, along with several other things. They literally used wrong parts and did not put some things back. We paid $1400 out of pocket (a month’s worth of tuition savings!) to take care of all the things that were needed. Our more honest current mechanic told us that since the sketchy mechanic was part of a chain, we should complain to corporate and see if we can be refunded some of the money. We will try and do so.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.