- I baked two loaves of bread this week.
- I cut my son’s hair myself using our clippers. This saved us $14.
- My husband and son camped out with cub scouts, and we borrowed a tent from friends. Now that we know he likes it, we will probably buy one of our own.
- I bought some seasonal decor, autumn cookie cutters, and a few Christmas gifts for my daughters at Jo-Ann Fabrics. Everything was 40-50% off, and I used a 20% off coupon that I was allowed to combine with the sale.
- My girls and I made oatmeal raisin cookies from scratch. I accidentally burned the sheet on the bottom rack, and used a cheese grater to grate off the burned part. My kids ate them!
- We walked to and from preschool two days this week, saving gas. We walked to the babysitter’s house on Tuesday morning. I only drove on Thursday for dance class, a mile each way to preschool Friday, and Saturday for errands, a total of 16 miles for the week.
- I posted two pillowcases dresses for sale on Ebay. These had been custom-made for my older daughter as an infant, and my girls have outgrown them.
- I picked up one and a half shifts this week. I worked my half shift this morning, on Saturday, to save the cost of a sitter.
- I processed about 7 bread ends to make bread crumbs. I store these in the freezer. I use bread crumbs in meatloaf, broccoli cheese mixture, and to make cookies.
- We ate dinner out zero times this week. My husband buys lunch, but he brought leftovers with him once.
- Some apples were starting to turn, so I cut off the bad parts and used the good parts to make smoothies from ice, apple (keep the peel on), banana, and peanut butter. It’s really good!
- We’re going as a family to the Cub Scouts Spook-o-ree. We signed up ahead of time to get a discounted rate of $10 for each child.
- My grad school workload is heavy this week and next, and I had a huge paper due last Saturday. My husband was on the camping trip with my son, and my mother was out of town for the Papal Mass in Philly. I hired a sitter to watch the girls for half the day so I could complete my work on time. It was $60, but well worth it. If I failed this paper, I could fail the class, and it would cost over $1500 to repeat it. No thanks!
- We threw out a small serving of meatloaf and green beans, 2 bad bananas, a cucumber, and some limes. I did have an impromptu leftover night yesterday to avoid wasting a pork chop, spaghetti, and baked beans.
- We ended up ordering this season of the Big Bang Theory on Prime.