- I used a Target gift card to buy pull-ups, a life vest for the toddler, and two birthday presents.
- I picked up a work shift.
- We watched movies from the library.
- We had an in-home date night last night.
- I decided to try a Super Jennie menstrual cup and bought it on Amazon using about $9 in cash back rewards to reduce the price. I’ve had my Diva for 7 years but after spending a bit of time reading in a Menstrual Cup Facebook forum, I thought this one might be a better fit.
- My mother babysat for me once so I could get a paper written.
- We bought my son a scooter for his birthday next month on Amazon for a 40% discount.
- We walked to the playground and played.
- I hired my friend’s teens to watch the kids while I plugged away for yet another day on an epic paper. I also sprang for pizza that night so everyone could be fed while I continued to plug away. We’ll call this a necessary evil.
- My son had his 2nd grade music concert, and we went out for ice cream and pizza afterwards with my mother and sister. Worth every penny!
- We went to the fancy grocery store in the neighborhood and bought cookies shaped like turtles and flourless chocolate and walnut cookies. I’m going to try and keep them within the cost of this week’s groceries to keep it from a total fail.
This post contains affiliate links.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.