- My mom babysat for free this week so the mister and I could attend a late school meeting together.
- Our son’s teacher is having a baby and the class parents threw a surprise baby shower Friday. I made pink and white Rice Krispie Treats from things we had on hand and sent a gift and gift bag from my stockpile.
- I took my girls on a play date to the local playground with a friend of hers from preschool. His mom provided sandwiches and I brought apples.
- The only work shift available was for Friday, which was a no go for us, as our daughter Miss E had her dance recital rehearsal that afternoon. I did pick up 2 hours per day Tuesday through Friday in the morning, which was the equivalent of a full day shift.
- I made spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker to feed the husband, two of the kids, and my in-laws on Friday night while I had the little Miss at her rehearsal. I took her to Chick-Fil-A for dinner afterwards, but we saved the cost of feeding the rest.
- I used $19 in CVS ExtraCare Bucks and combined them with a 25% off coupon to get 51% off my cart of allergy medicine, expensive dry mouth toothpaste, pull-ups, and water goggles for swim classes.
- No eating out this week.
- We have extended family coming over for a cookout for our son’s birthday, and we opted for the cookout in lieu of buying food like wings or pizza. It increased the grocery budget, but still cheaper overall.
- I sold 11 pairs of my son’s old shoes on Ebay, but not for much- more like $2.99.
- I can’t think of anything!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.