- I downloaded a free Kindle First book, a benefit of my Prime membership.
- I picked up three work shifts this week, as I had a week-long break from school. My mother babysat one day for free.
- We went to the Hallzooween exhibit at the Cincinnati Zoo using our membership today. My sister got in for free using our pass. We brought our own food and drinks, but did indulge in Icees.
- I paid my $3340 in grad school tuition. This year, they will charge 2.5% extra if I use a credit card, so I paid by electronic check. This saved us $83.50.
- We walked to preschool Monday and Wednesday, but couldn’t on Friday, because I was working. We did walk to the sitter on Tuesday and Thursday.
- I made it a month between gas tank fill-ups. I spent that last quarter tank today getting to the Zoo, and filled up at Kroger using my fuel points to get $0.10 off per gallon.
- We kept both the heat and the air conditioning off for most of the week. This was a little hard on my allergies, though.
- I read 5 magazines through the Ohio Digital Library.
- I baked one loaf of bread.
- We ate out zero times this week.
- Season 5 of Game of Thrones came out on Amazon Video, and yes, I bought it! Still within my $100/month spending money though.
- I bought a small cone at Dairy Queen last night.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.