- I bought swim suits for my girls for next year on sale and used a coupon code and Ebates (referral link) to buy them for a song. I have exactly zero non-maternity shorts, so I bought two for myself, and a dress for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary party. Can I tell you how excited I was when I found a dress that was plus sized and petite, and actually fit me and looked good? If you have never tried Ebates, I highly recommend them for any time you shop online. They send a check to you quarterly, and I have never had a problem getting one. Right now Land’s End has 3% cash back. I use Ebates when I shop on Amazon, buy clothes, or send flowers.
- We had a play date with friends, and we baked cookies, served lots of fruit, and played with the hose.
- When my nieces spent the night so they could babysit for me over two days, I made them Vegan Cincinnati Chili with lentils- and they liked it! Half a pound of lentils is only 85 cents, compared to the $6 minimum I would have had to spend on 2 pounds of beef.
- We borrowed Spectre and Mockingjay Part II from the library.
- I picked up two shifts this week.
- I complained to Time Warner about my internet being off for 2-3 days, and they are supposed to decrease my bill by a few dollars next month.
- My sister is taking my son to miniature golf, and got a B1G1 deal through a local group deal site. I bought movie tickets to Finding Dory and will get 5% cash back through my credit card, plus got 50% off the tickets price for going to a matinee.
- Most exciting- we started potty training our toddler, Miss C! We are using a pull-up at night, for nap, and during travel, but she is otherwise in underwear. This is decreasing our pull-up use a great deal.
- I had an unplanned doctor appointment followed by a make-up swimming class and multiple errands with the kids Wednesday afternoon, so I took them to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. I mitigated the cost by getting one large fry to share between the 4 of us and several 12-piece chicken nuggets instead of 3 separate kids meals and one adult meal.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.