- My husband spent three hours out in the yard chopping and pulling up the last of the tree roots with a pickaxe.
- We celebrated my mother’s birthday Saturday, and she sent us home with milk, fried chicken, and lots and lots of fruit.
- I worked four and a half hours on Sunday entering discharges so I wouldn’t need child care.
- I picked up three shifts this week.
- I expected a big medical bill, but learned I owed nothing!
- The toddler is down to needing a pull-up only during the night and for naps. We are using about 14 a week, which has decreased our expenses.
- We borrowed movies and books from the library.
- The Back To The Future trilogy is now on Netflix, so we watched all three this week.
- I signed up for a free 30-day Audible trial and got two free audio books. I downloaded the iPad app and am listening to Peace Is Every Step: The Path To Mindfulness In Everyday Life while I wind down before bed.
- My husband bought a couple video games for my son’s Christmas present at 75% off during Steam‘s summer sale.
- We watched fireworks from our decks while eating popsicles and playing with a few sparklers.
- We didn’t eat out once.
- I cancelled my HBO Now trial now that Game of Thrones is over, but I did it several days after the renewal date, so I was charged for July. D’oh! At least we’ll try and get our money’s worth of watching movies before then. I watched Suffragette today. (it was OK, kind of slow-moving).
This post contains affiliate links that help support Frugal Stepping Stones.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.