- We have been planning a date night to see Star Trek and needed to buy tickets on Fandango (the place we go usually sells out by movie time). I went through Ebates to get 2% cash back and we got a bonus Star Trek: Into Darkness digital copy to boot. (Referral link- if you sign up as a new user, you get $10 cash back bonus after your first purchase).
- I worked four days this week. It was pretty awful this week and I am very much looking forward to 2 weeks off!
- My mom sent us home with milk, ham, cantaloupe, blueberries, and cinnamon rolls last weekend.
- One of our sitters brought her copy of Deadpool to let us watch this week, so we didn’t need to use my Vudu credit to watch it.
- I got a coupon in the mail for one free clothing item up to $8.50 at Once Upon A Child, a children’s consignment shop.
- My son read Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief on the Ohio Digital Library.
- Yesterday reminded me why we save more money when I don’t work as many shifts. We had ourselves and the two sitters to feed, but I ended up having a difficult case and was on the phone with a hospital several states away until 6:30 pm coordinating care. Plans for lentil chili went out the window and we ordered pizza at the 11th hour. The irony is I earned an extra $50 bucks with that extra work time and it flew right back out to the pizza place. I really should have bought a couple frozen pizzas as back-up.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.