- I earned $2 in Extra Care Bucks from CVS for taking a survey.
- I earned $4 in credits towards a Vudu movie rental for taking a survey.
- I had Ramen for the first time since college for lunch this week. Cost: $0.10.
- We had a medical visit this week and learned there was no copay. That saved us $25.
- I used a 45% off coupon to CafePress to buy an already discounted T-shirt for our upcoming Star Trek Convention.
- I put a hold on several books through the Ohio Digital Library, including Rick Riordan’s The Kane Chronicles, Shonda Rimes’ Year of Yes, The Alchemist,
Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis (this is about an Appalachian family in Southeastern Ohio, and a review I recently read seemed intriguing), and I am first in line for blogger Luvvie Ajayi’s upcoming book I’m Judging You. Her blog is hilarious, so I’m looking forward to her book. I probably have some waiting to do, but I’m next in line for Year of Yes. And yes, I am still waiting for that new Harry Potter book. I’ve been waitlisted for over a month already.
- Our 5 year old passed her shrimp oral challenge at the allergist’s office. She is 100% food allergy free (she started out with milk, cashew, red dye, and shrimp), so this means no more Epi-pens, benadryl, and allergy bracelets. Hooray!
- I picked up a couple of shifts this week. I also negotiated to work weekend shifts every other weekend. The hours are flexible so I can work around activities and it will mean some steady work without child care needed most of the time. I will still pick up some day shifts during the week, so we expect my income to increase while still allowing me the flexibility to handle the kids’ needs and do my grad school homework.
- My mom hand-made two dresses for our girls. She also babysat once this week for a few hours while I had an appointment.
- I am 50% done with my Christmas shopping. My kids get books, one to two small toys, and maybe some clothes. We are getting an X-Box with Kinect for them to share. I bought everything else on Amazon on sale and used my cash back bonus to pay $120 out of pocket.
- We used the emergency pizza and we ordered pizza one night and my son got a last-minute invite to a friend’s house last night so the girls and I stopped and had Wendy’s. We did use a coupon for the pizza, so it was 50% less than usual. Not our best week.
- We threw out some bad oranges and the last few slices of our Ezekiel Bread began to mold. Good thing I kept the second loaf in the freezer.
This post contains affiliate links.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.