This article contains referral and affiliate links that help support our family.
- I picked up three shifts. I spent part of one being retrained how to do outpatient behavioral health cases (I’m an insurance nurse), but it will help in the long run when I have more work days to choose throughout the month.
- I earned $8.75 in rebates from Ibotta. I am now over $20 in cash back for the past couple of weeks, and I can submit for reimbursement if I want. I will probably wait until it’s closer to $50 before I do. If you decide to try it, you’ll get $10 cash back as a bonus after submitting your first rebate.
- I signed up to try BeFrugal this week as well, when they offered a full rebate on Tide. They offer a percentage of cash back similar to Ebates, and I have been scoping out which one has the better cash back before I buy. I was able to choose in-store pickup for the Tide I bought at Walmart, and only paid tax after the rebate.
- My massage therapist has been sick for a couple weeks and I needed to find an alternate to work on my back until she can see me. I went through Ebates to go to Groupon, so I can get 6% cash back, and I was able to use an additional coupon code to get 20% off the already discounted massage. Original massage price was $99, and the Groupon price was $55. After 20% off, I paid $44 out of pocket, and after the 6% cash back, it will be $41.36. I chose Ebates over BeFrugal this time because even though they both offered 6% cash back, Ebates had a working coupon code to increase the discount. Always check multiple sources! (If you want to try Groupon for the first time, you can get $10 in Groupon Bucks after buying your first deal. This time of year, I always look out for a Staples Groupon for Christmas cards, which is generally very cheap and can be picked up at the store to avoid shipping.)
- I have been hitting the Swagbucks very hard, with a goal of getting a $25 Hulu gift card this month. Our health insurance is increasing January 1st, and I am working every angle to earn gift cards and rebates that I can. My goal is to earn 75 Swagbucks per day, but I have been able to earn over 115/day this past week. I am at 1500 SB and climbing towards my goal of 2200.
- I got free subscriptions to Better Homes and Gardens and Shape magazine.
- I signed up to get the Sunday paper for $1/week for 10 weeks. Got to get those coupons!
- I made out like a bandit at CVS. Original price: $80.97. Paid $24.10. Got back $11 Extra Care Bucks and $3.75 Ibotta rebate. $9.35 after all rebates.
- Yesterday was a work day for me and I did not want to cook. We seriously considered ordering out, but I pulled a frozen pizza out instead and fired that up.
- I haven’t been to the store yet this morning, but I made my mall-walking trip to the mall Thursday with toddler in tow to get my Shopkick kicks. I am at 675 kicks and think I will hit over 1000 by the end of the day. That means $4 in Target gift cards earned this week!
- This has been the week of trying new things. I bought gift cards from Raise.com for CVS at 12% discount and from Subway at 10% off plus I used a $10 coupon code. My husband often eats at Subway for lunch, and I am trying to reduce his lunch costs. (And no, he won’t pack from home- I have tried.)
- Too busy to get into trouble!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.