This post contains referral and affiliate links. Thank you for supporting our family!
- I don’t go Black Friday shopping in stores, but if we plan during the year to buy a big-ticket item, we usually wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday to get the best price. This year we bought an Xbox and a retro Singer sewing machine. It was in our budget and we had been planning these purchases for over a year.
- My back is in bad shape again, and I have been sleeping sitting up in the recliner. Thankfully my massage therapist is back in action,and I see her tonight. I did use Ebates to get 10% cash back on a Groupon for three massages at a place nearby for just $80 out of pocket. I’m going to try and get a weekly massage this month to get it back under control.
- I got 25 free Christmas photo cards through Amazon printing for free! I am a Prime member and chose 8-10 day shipping, making shipping free too. Between a Shutterfly 25 free cards deal and the Staples Groupon (50 cards for $14, with in-store pickup), I spent $21 for 100 cards. I still have to buy stamps, but it should be within my $60 budget. The Amazon deal is over, but you can get 40% off a custom calendar through Amazon Prints today.
- I picked up our stocking stuffers at Walmart for just a few dollars. We don’t go crazy with stockings.
- I took down the Thanksgiving decor and put up the wreath my mother-in-law gave us a few years ago, plus the reusable Christmas signs in our garage. Our tree will go up this week, and it was a fake tree that my husband’s coworker bought in the mid-80s and they were going to throw out. It’s still in mint condition!
- I had to cancel two shifts last week because of the endless Plague.
- Thanks again to the Plague, we had extra medical/food expenses, including an extra doctor visit, an urgent care visit, antibiotics, Pedialyte, throat lozenges, popsicles, antibiotic ointment, and lots of canned soup.
- I cannot tell a lie- I succumbed to the Instant Pot 7-in-1. It’s $69 on Amazon today. I take it for a test drive tonight when I make spaghetti with meat sauce.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.