This post contains referral and affiliate links. Thank you for supporting our family!
- I worked two and a half days this week. The half day I had to go into work and get a laptop upgrade, my first new work computer in over 6 years.
- I couponed like crazy at CVS today. Original cost was about $100. I saved 61% out of pocket, paying $39 and got $15 in Extra Care Bucks back. This week they sent me a survey to take for $5 in Extra Care Bucks plus a random bonus $3. Did you see that you can get a $0.75 rebate on one 20 oz Diet Coke from Ibotta plus 100 Shopkick points?
- I just got my $25 Hulu gift card from Swagbucks last week, but I am already nearing the halfway point for my next $25 gift card! I’m not sure yet if I want to get another 3 months Hulu for free right away or if I want to do Target, Walmart, or Paypal cash. If you haven’t tried Swagbucks, this is a great time of year to try. You should be able to earn a $5 or even $25 gift card by Christmas.
- My husband’s hockey team is having a Christmas party, and I baked them snickerdoodles from scratch. There was extra cinnamon/sugar left, so I put it in a container to save for making cinnamon toast this week.
- I had enough kicks to get $4 in Target gift cards through the Shopkick app. I have accrued $10 in gift cards so far.
- I am a lifelong insomniac and I sleep better with a constant background noise. Usually I torment my husband all winter long by running the fan, but I decided to take advantage of a sale for this Lectro White Noise Machine on Amazon, and combined it with my Discover cash back bonus to get it for about 50% off. I have already trialed it out and I love it! I can’t stand white noise apps on the iPad because it’s not continuous enough for me. I need constant noise all night long that does not start, stop, or loop.
- The kids watched some Christmas movies on Netflix.
- In a classic move, I forgot to thaw out meat to make meat sauce for spaghetti. No worries- I whipped out my Instant Pot and had fully cooked sauce within minutes! That’s one night without takeout saved. Seriously, this is our biggest weakness.
- If you shop at Kroger, I hope you are logging on to its 25 Merry Days every day to see what new freebies they have. Sometimes it’s a free item and sometimes it’s a high value coupon. Today I picked up free Kraft BBQ sauce, free Twix Santas, and Skippy peanut butter that was only $0.89 thanks to a $2 off 1 coupon.
- I redeemed $7.25 in rebates from Ibotta, $1.25 from Checkout 51, and $1 from Savings Star. I was able to get the $1 rebate for Chex on both Ibotta and Savings Star. I bought two boxes for $4 on sale, used $1.50 in coupons to pay $2.50, and will get $2 in rebates. Each box will be only $0.25!
- I downloaded a free Kindle First book. Amazon Prime members get to choose one free new book from a selection of 4-6 every month. Once in a blue moon, they will let you choose two! I use my Prime membership for more than free shipping, and this is one of the positive benefits. If you’re looking for a gift to give, a year’s membership in Prime is $99 and includes two-day shipping, Kindle First, thousands of free music stations and albums from Amazon Music, and free movies and TV shows to stream through Amazon Video.
- I had to attend a funeral in the city an hour south of me Thursday night. The mister couldn’t lose any more vacation time, so I threw the kids in the car after school, took them to my mothers, and hired my friend’s teens to watch them for a few hours. Mom had an appointment, or she would have done it. I picked up pizza for everyone (using a coupon). It was necessary, but a little extra than we expected.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.