- I used an Amazon gift card to buy two Epi-pen pouches for myself and our youngest, so we don’t have to try and fit a giant box in our bags where ever we go. It also fits an asthma inhaler and Benadryl.
- I earned enough Swagbucks to get two more $25 gift cards! This time I chose $25 from Ebay and $25 from Amazon. I have to buy the texts for the classes I am teaching and hope that card from Amazon will help with that cost. (Get a bonus $5 if you sign up through my referral link).
- I made yogurt in my Instant Pot. It only took 8 1/2 hours to make perfect yogurt.
- I made Sahlab at home (a hot Egyptian vanilla milk sprinkled with cinnamon) and now have a new favorite hot drink. It has a lot of calories, though, so it will be a once a month treat. If you don’t do dairy, coconut milk will probably work great.
- A local artist painted a beautiful portrait of my Uncle Angelo, who is 98 and has been a priest for over 65 years. He’s a little “famous” locally and when the Pope was in the country, our senator invited Uncle Ang to the state dinner with the Pope in Washington (he declined due to his health). I tried to buy two canvas prints for my mother and myself, but she refused to let me pay, instead giving me the prints for free, out of respect for our uncle. I decided to pay it forward and donate what I would have paid to charity instead,as that is what my uncle would do. If I ever want to get a portrait done, I know who I am asking.
- I had a CVS gift card I had bought on Raise.com at an 11% discount, several CVS coupon codes, and $18 in Extra Care Bucks. I got a prescription, a couple Vitamin D bottles, and a ton of beauty supplies for only $10 out of pocket after the gift card. I got $10 in ECBs back.
- I volunteered to send in a box of Chex cereal for the kindergarten class and their 100 Day celebration. We already had the cereal in the stockpile.
- I am seeing a show today with my friend and her daughters using a subscription I already have. We are riding down together and will split the cost of parking.
- One of the professors I am working with during my teaching practicum offered me an old textbook she had so I didn’t have to buy one. So kind!
- We had to run some errands after I picked the kids up from the sitter yesterday. We decided to get Chick-Fil-A (within our budget) but opted for just a huge order of nuggets, a sandwich for the mister, and shared large fries to keep the cost lower.
This post contains referral and affiliate links. Thank you for supporting our family!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.