- I watched Rebecca and Victoria on the PBS Roku app.
- We have family coming in for our girls’ birthday party next Saturday and I went through Swagbucks’ MyGiftCardsPlus.com to get 6% back when I bought a Domino’s Pizza gift card. I checked Raise.com first, and that pricing was the same.
- I used Groupon to buy a 90% off consultation and 60 minute massage for a local chiropractor. My PCP thought it could help my back. I went through Ebates to get 9% cash back and a code to get $5 more off a local deal. I also went through out local Cincysavers to get 50% off admission to a local arcade in anticipation of our son’s birthday in May, and $20 on a $40 lunch for two at a local vegetarian restaurant.
- February is a good time to buy winter coats. Land’s End has coats for up to 60% off. I bought the next size up for our son and older daughter at 60% off, plus got 2% cash back through Ebates. I also bought a rain coat for me at a steep discount.
- We had frozen pizza Friday night as planned.
- I started assisting to teach nursing students on the OB unit on Friday. I had sold most of my scrubs and my super expensive Z-coil shoes I wore when I worked ICU. One thing I didn’t get rid of were my trusty Dansko clogs. I bought them back in 2006 and they are still going strong. I was on my feet for over 5 hours Friday and they served me well. I am not a fan of nursing shoes with holes in them, like Crocs. These suckers are easily hosed off and protective from sharps and errant body fluids. Ask me about the time a family member wandered in just as I emptied a liter of urine into a container and accidentally kicked it over on my feet….
- We are setting up a fish tank for the kids. We are using the mister’s old fish tank that hasn’t been used in 8 years. We are starting out with a single fish and some plants, so it’s not too pricey.
- I am essentially working 7 days a week until the end of the first week of March. I am too tired to get into much trouble this week!
This post contains referral and affiliate links.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.