- I got a new book for free through Kindle First. Every month, Prime members get to choose one of four new fiction books in different genres.
- I picked up one shift to work this week.
- My coworker Deb used to work as a social worker for a local foster program. Every year for the past 3 years, she and I have recruited people to purchase coats for older teens in their independent living program. We had ten kids this year, and we found nine of ten coats at Old Navy for $432 by combining a sale with 2 coupon codes, and cash back from Ebates and Discover. We are now thinking of selling a raffled gift basket to raise more for the kids. The 10th coat was a very specific request for a green peacoat, and I am buying that one myself once I can find one.
- I got an email survey from CVS that let me earn $10 in ExtraCare Bucks (ECBs). I have $3 ECBs already left over from the past few weeks. Just in time to buy my expensive dry mouth toothpaste!
- I filled my gas tank for $33 at Kroger Fuel Center, and used points to get 30 cents off per gallon. It was $1.99/gallon! I don’t think I’ve seen it less than $2 in a long time.
- We had pizza last Friday, when my sister came to stay with us. I didn’t think to throw dinner in the crockpot until late in the afternoon. D’oh!
- We had a very long morning of testing for one of my children Wednesday, and I had to wrangle two littles in a tiny office while number three went through it. We stopped at Chick-Fil-A for lunch once it was over, as it took almost 2 hours longer than expected, we were an hour from home, and they were cranky and hungry.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.