- I used a 20% off coupon code, free shipping, and 3% back through Swagbucks to get the new outdoor lights for our home.
- We played outside at our neighborhood park and a couple new-to-us community parks.
- I got a massage using the 3-massages-for- $60 Groupon I purchased a couple of months ago.
- I have been doing yoga every morning using a YouTube video from the channel Yoga With Adrienne.
- I signed The Little up for preschool at the YMCA, and we get a discount every month thanks to our membership. While we were at the Y, I let her play in the indoor gym while I read a book.
- I had an email for a $2 Google Play credit.
- I baked bread today instead of buying it.
- We decorated Easter eggs today using a dye kit I bought on clearance after Easter last year for $0.25.
- We planned a rare family dinner out to the new El Toro Mexican restaurant near us, and used a coupon. We pretty much never eat out as a family of 5 unless we go to Chick-Fil-A or have lunch with my dad at Bob Evans. I cannot lie, I do not really enjoy wrangling and shushing 3 squirmy kids at a restaurant. It went reasonably well this time.
- It’s been a very expensive week! I had to buy a new 4-slot toaster since ours practically blew up, my son has grown and needed larger clothes, and while I was at Target I fell under the spell of the Eye of Sauron and bought a few clothes for the girls too.
- My mother has been getting treatment for skin cancer (just basal cell carcinoma, but still needs to be cut out) and I have reevaluated how I approach sun exposure. That means buying a broad-brimmed hat and two baseball style caps for myself. I NEVER wear hats unless it’s winter, so this is a new thing for me. I also bought SPF 50 face lotion and a fuller coverage swim shirt. I already have a few age spots starting under my eyes, meaning sun damage has already started for me, so I am going into full battle mode. That epic sun protection was pricey.
- I bought binders and dividers to help me organize the special education materials for my older two kids (aka The IEP Binders), and the Mister and I decided to buy our son an “experience” gift for his birthday-tickets to see Dan TDM live in June. Those were pricey but we want to encourage him to get out in the world. Going somewhere with noise and crowds in a big deal for our little guy.
This post contains referral links.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.