- Our youngest passed her strawberry allergy skin test. She still has to pass an oral challenge at the allergist’ s office, but if she does it will mean one less pricey Epi-pen to buy every year (never mind the weight of fear we will drop!)
- I baked two dozen cookies for PTO staff appreciation using butter I had bought at my stock-up price of $2/lb.
- I finished using my 3-massage package I bought at a 50% discount via Groupon.
- I took my 3 year old to story time at the library.
- We bought a summer Zoo membership using a discount code. We don’t always get a membership, but we knew both kids would be doing field trips there this year and I would be chaperoning. We also have plans to visit a Zoo in another city this year and a membership would allow us in there too. The cost of a basic membership without bells and whistles was less than admission and parking for all three trips. We plan to get good use out of it this year and go two additional times during Halloween and Christmas.
- I bought my MIL Mother’s Day flowers from 1800Flowers by going through Ebates (referral link) to get 12% cash back, using a 30% off coupon code, and using a gift card I bought on Raise.com for 23% discount.
- The past few weeks have been some spendy ones! I bought my first bike since I was 12, something we have talked about for over 2 years. We decided to go with a good local bike shop and I tried many, many bikes until I found one that worked with my petite height and crappy crooked back. With arthritis, my exercise options are walk, bike, or swim. I am looking for a used bike trailer, but the resale market costs almost as much as new!
- We bought some beach essentials at Sam’s, including a few chairs and a beach umbrella. We went to Lake Erie last summer and will go there again this summer. We also plan on going to Florida next year. Things that do not go well with arthritis: sitting on the ground for long periods. I swore I would never do that again. Now I have a low beach chair and an umbrella to shade myself. Did you know that sunlight stimulates the immune system and should be avoided if you have autoimmune disease?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.