- I went through Groupon to get a discounted oil change for the van (about 50% off). I have gone 2 years without getting my hair highlighted. I got another Groupon for my hair and one for a man-pedi that I will use to pamper myself before I walk in graduation.
- We spent time at our neighborhood pool this week.
- We celebrated Father’s Day with a homemade spaghetti dinner, made from scratch brownies, and a card.
- I got a Groupon to try Google Express. The Groupon was $15 for $40 worth of goods, but I used a 20% off coupon code to make it $12 out of pocket, and got 6% back through Ebates. Our front door rug was 12 years old and had huge tears in it, so I used my certificate to get a new rug from Bed, Bath, and Beyond and a few hand towels for the kid’s bathroom.
- I went to Once Upon A Child and found hiking boots for my son, a new pair of Van’s slip-ons in the next size up, a pair of fringe boots for the 3 year old’s Christmas present, a raincoat for the boy, and a size 10 raincoat for the girls to be put aside for when they grow into it.
- I read my free copies of Oprah, Country Living, and Money magazines.
- My mom brought watermelon and cantaloupe. She also picked up 7 jars of Prego for $1 each and 4 bags of Nestle chocolate chips for $1 each for us at Meijer’s.
- My son saw Dan TDM Live as his birthday present last night, and the girls and I had a couple cheap frozen pizzas as our girls night, for a mere $1.50.
- I worked like a madwoman this week, fitting in 4 hours last Sunday, then working around the kid’s camp schedule four more days this week. My next paycheck should be nice.
- Despite working so much, we did NOT eat out. I worked until past 6:30 last night but still threw together chicken and zucchini.
- Too darn busy to get into trouble.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get my latest content by email. As a thank you, I'll give you my grocery-saving tip sheet:
10 Steps To Save $100 or More Per Week.